Senior Web Developer at Computer World Services
Computer World Services is seeking a Mid-Senior Drupal Web Developer to support the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP) with information technology services support for the National Prevention Information Network (NPIN) Program.
NPIN, at its inception was the CDC National AIDS Clearinghouse, and designed to facilitate the sharing of information and resources among individuals, organizations, and networks working in HIV prevention, treatment, and support services. Today, NPIN remains an important source of CDC and partner information and resources, serving professionals dedicated to the prevention of HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB. Most NPIN products and services are accessible by the public via digital channels including web and social media.
Project objectives include information technology support services for the NPIN Program to:
(a) Support CDC and NCHHSTP efforts to provide timely information and resources to prevention partners through innovative approaches to knowledge/information transfer to improve public health practice.
(b) Connect partners in public health through collaborative communication, innovative technology solutions, and customer service.
(c) Provide Web-based online databases, information resources, and online technical assistance to support CDC divisions and state, tribal, and local health departments.
(d) Support and apply innovation using digital channels to enhance connection among and engagement with prevention partners and stakeholders to maximize health impact of NCHHSTP’s programs
Our team will provide CDC with required scientific, technical, and operational services, to provide information technology database support services for NCHHSTP. The candidate will support efforts providing services to implement the NCHHSTP NPIN program by executing work in the following areas:
A) IT Operation and Maintenance - For NPIN to continue to provide web-based online databases, information resources, and innovative collaborative tools supporting the operation and maintenance of IT systems.
B) Integration Services - To continue to provide innovative technical solutions, integrating new technical components into the existing NPIN system including the integration of technical components, information technology components, and documentation.
C) Digital Government - services are needed to provide public health professionals and the general public access to NPIN organizational and material databases through digital and electronic means.
D) Software Development - NPIN requires the development of customized database applications, and web 2.0 applications.
The successful Mid-Senior Drupal Web Developer will be able to support tasks including: Task 2 – Digital Media Channel Development & Enhancement; Task 3 - Database Development, Analysis, and Maintenance; Task 4 - Special Data Products; Task 5 - Accessibility Review and Remediation; Task 6 – Usability and User Experience
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the design, implementation, testing and deployment of large-scale Drupal web applications
- Ability to implement complex functionality using PHP by creating custom Drupal modules.
- Demonstrated Experience is required for Drupal 7 & 8 with 5-7 years.
- Assist with gathering requirements/dependencies for migrations from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8/9 and lead migration efforts
- Knowledge of Docker based development and experience with CI/CD will be a big plus.
- Frontend experience with React will be a big plus.
- Designs and develops software solutions for websites and mobile applications that engage users and meet business requirements.
- Supports web administrators and designers through the full development lifecycle and contributes to the development of new site features.
- Develops, implements, and debugs web code.
- Create top-quality Web content from concept to deployment with meticulous attention to detail.
- Expected to produce content using modules and templates available within the content management system and integrating content into the existing information architecture within a Drupal content management system.
- Shall possess expertise with HTML, CSS, creating/editing efficient graphic elements for the web, and creating content that is accessible (i.e., 508-compliant).
- Will have experience with modifying content for presentation in webpages, PDF documents, email newsletters, and social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter).
- Will have experience optimizing web resources that render well across device types (e.g., desktop, tablet, mobile phones), as well as text message, email, and RSS subscription services.
- Will have knowledge and experience with User Centered Design, User Testing methodologies, Information Architecture, Information Design.
Education and Experience
- Requires a BS/BA degree (or equivalent)
- Requires 4-7 years of Drupal & related experience
- Industry certification consistent with position (desired)
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Must undergo Public Trust Background Investigation check
- Work will be performed primarily at telework location
- Some travel to meetings and briefings may be required in Washington DC Metro Area or Atlanta, GA