As a Senior Engineer at Kanopi Studios, you are instrumental in delivering outstanding digital experiences to our clients. This role is varied and can include anything from deeply technical custom integrations to strategic improvements on existing sites. Your day-to-day includes spending your time hands-on developing and collaborating on sites while staying accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality.
Your typical work week might include:
- Understanding the business goals and needs of your clients for sites you support.
- Making smart technical design decisions and tradeoffs that consider your clients’ business requirements.
- Expertly crafting custom front- or back-end solutions in Drupal
- End-to-end responsibilities for engineering work on complex projects.
- Contributing to our common code libraries.
- Writing tests and contributing to test cases.
- Technical planning and execution of new features on existing sites.
- Building against an established suite of user stories for large-scale projects.
- Proactively identifying issues and technical limitations and communicating clearly across agency functional areas.
- Clearly document code and processes to communicate your technical decisions.
- Mentoring new and developing engineers.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
- Have 5+ years of related Drupal experience.
- Have worked in an agency environment, preferably in multiple time zones.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends.
- Show strong problem solving abilities, intelligence, and initiative.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern development workflows, including use of the command line, gitflow, containers, and dev/stage/prod environments.
- Deeply understand modern web standards and technologies.
- Exhibit thoughtful, inclusive, and articulate communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Have a BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Have some React.js or Vue experience (this would be an awesome plus).